Since the beginning of the Andre quest, a lot has happened. Let me do my best to explain where the situation is in “loose” chronological order.
- I write a general email to dodgers.com.
- I post the same email at LA Snark, where I am the new Sports Blogger.
- LAist picks up the story and Zach B. is cool enough to file it front and center under Extra, Extra.
- Someone thinks my restaurant choice is off. They are wrong.
- I email MSTI, Bill Plaschke (he’s written me back in the past), Dodger Thoughts @ the LA Times, and so on.
- Jon @ Dodger Thoughts hits me back and is super cool. He posts my blog on his blog, which is a must-read for any Dodger fan.
- I Facebook stalk Josh Rawitch, who is in change of all communication for the Dodgers. He seems like a good dude. I remember him dealing with the Manny negotiations. I feel weird Facebook stalking him. Whatever. For the cause, bro.
- Bill Plaschke writes me back. He says he likes Roscoe’s too and that he hopes Andre is down. Again, Bill is a good guy and humble enough to humor me.
- A friend tells me he’s informed Andre’s agent at CAA about the blog. Maybe his assistant passed it on, maybe not. I thank my friend for liking the article and being a G (in the Gatorade way).
- My Twitter account begins growing slowly. It is culminated when the LA Times follows me.
So, in the end of the day, it’s been a great success so far. People are finding out and they are reading about it and sending it to their friends.
Why do all this? It’s not for a handout, I cover the team and have season tickets already. It’s not for celebrity, although I wouldn’t mind being a “local” celebrity. If Fred Roggin is, then I deserve to be. But I digress…
I am doing this because the fans should believe they matter to the team. I am just a guy with a blog, but so is Andre. It’s a tough economy. We should all be so lucky to know we are rooting for something great.